Thursday, June 10, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY//

Well, today is my 33rd birthday and I have lots of eating plans (I also happen to be 4 months pregnant)This is what I wore to my birthday lunch - I think it is a good representation of a "now" look that is also very classic and good for everyone, especially for summer - Breton striped top by Future Classics, crossover chino by Vince, Ann Demeulemeester shoes, and Giles and Brother necklaceThe great thing about this outfit is not only how comfortable it is but how it is casual and chic at the same time.  If you don't already have one, you need a Breton striped top.  Another essential in any wardrobe is a slouchy chino pant (especially for spring and summer).  I love theses pants rolled up with a sandal or oxford shoe. 


Ok.  Let's talk JEWELRY...lately, I am very into thinking about jewelry as armor...in other words, more is more.  However, you have to be careful how you put your rings, bracelets, necklaces, and earrings together.  A story is told with accessories and jewelry completes an outfit.  For my birthday, I scored two new pieces that I am totally in love with.  

Natalia Brilli is a french jewelry/accessory designer and is one of my absolute favorites...she is innovative, modern, and her pieces are just simply beautiful.  This bracelet is a dove grey leather cuff with a pinkish/lavendar/greenish stone as the centerpiece.  Elegant, chic, and unique.  
I cannot remember the designer of this ring right now...I got it at the exquisite Grange Hall here in Dallas...but isn't it just fantastic?  Knuckle rings are in right now and some of them have turned into another 15 minute trend (cage rings) but some, like this one, are timeless and just beautiful.  This is the kind of jewelry that makes a statement and adds texture and dimension to any outfit.  What is more organic and beautiful than faceted crystals wrapped in hammered gold?? I will be wearing this all the time...

No comments:

Post a Comment