Friday, May 6, 2011

A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS//

My closet is filled with all kinds of pieces by all kinds of designersWhen I am investing in a special piece, the first thing I look for is versatility.  I don't see the sense in spending a lot of money on something that can't be incorporated into your everyday look.  I own a few things that I regret buying because while they are really beautiful runway pieces, they are very specific and for the most part, hang in my closet unworn.  Some designers have the great ability to make beautiful pieces that can go from the runway to reality without getting lost in translation. 



This Dries Van Noten Jacket is perfect for spring and can move into fall.  I love his take on a trench style jacket - the body is very tailored and masculine and the ombre denim sleeves add a quirky uniqueness.  The sleeves allow this jacket to be worn in all occasions - I wear it constantly.  The pants are Isabel Marant and I love them because the cut and material is very simple and casual, but the red and black stripes make them anything but basic.  They are fun but not over the top and can be worn in so many different ways. 


Ahh...the Celine leopard loafer. To say I am obsessed with men's style shoes is an understatement.  I love the androgyny and modernity of a shoe like this - I have been wearing them with everything from dresses to shorts.  The leopard print on these is chic and so fun and can really be worn as a neutral. Love.


One of my favorite jewelry designers is Pamela Love. I have loads of her things but I think this cuff is my favorite because of its versatility and toughness.  It is just the right width, has just the right finish, and the bolts on either side add just enough detail to give it personality.  With all of these pieces, the details are what make them special.  I love how the details of the jacket, the pants, and the shoes go together.  This has become a go-to outfit for spring.

All photos by Teresa Rafidi

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! Love your postings. You are the most stylish person i know. Your blog is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always interesting and useful. Love it! The woman and the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Celine loafers are great but what about those leopard studded Louboutin high-tops!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I've had my eye on these since seeing them in the NY Times.
    http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/14/hue-and-cry-pamela-love/

    ReplyDelete