Monday, May 16, 2011

PRETTY IN PINK//

Molly, Duckie, Blaine...classic.  I loved this movie so much when it came out that I bought the VHS video tape (that makes me feel really old!) and watched it constantly.  I loved Molly Ringwald with her integrity and very personal style, but I have to admit that I have never really liked the color pink.  I have always felt like pink is a color that is appropriate until the age 10 and then it is suited to New England snobs and women who wear things like Juicy Couture track suits and platform flip flops.  This spring, however, I have changed my tune.  When I saw the models in Isabel Marant's spring show walk down the runway in Pepto pink cropped demin lace up pants, I gasped.  They were cheeky and fun and perfect.  Wearing these pink pants has opened me up to color and I have to say, there really is something pretty about pink.


Isabel Marant pants worn with Mayle leather jacket, Dries Van Noten pumps (so gorgeous!)



I love the details of these pants - the tie in front, patch over the knee, and gathered fabric down the side. Worn with Pamela Love talon cuff. 


While not quite as pink as the Isabel pants, these Rag and Bone jeans have a great blush tone that give them color but versatility as well.  Worn with Raquel Allegra top, Natalia Brilli bracelet, and Dries Van Noten pumps.


I discovered Raquel Allegra many years ago at Curve boutique before she expanded her line. I instantly fell in love with her work - she takes t-shirts and reworks them all by hand - dying them, creating new silhouettes, and literally deconstructing them.  Notice how the top moves; so cool. 




Raquel Allegra shirt and Natalia Brilli bracelet.




In keeping with the 80's feel of "Pretty in Pink" I had to wear my Isabel Marant Perkins sneakers.  I absolutely love these shoes. When I put them on, I feel cool, period. I love mix of high and low in this lux sneaker. 


All photos by Teresa Rafidi

1 comment:

  1. WOW the Isabel Marant sneaker looks great on you !!
    I love my dicker boots too :) ...
    www.123456789-smiling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete