Monday, June 6, 2011

SUMMER STAPLES//

Summer is upon us. Although not as fun as it was when we were kids, summer still has a nice carefree feeling to it.  If you live in Texas like me, summer is mostly about sweating and trying to avoid being outside as much as possible.  Dressing appropriately for summer can be tricky - most fashion faux pas happen this time of year (think daisy dukes, platform flip flops, and bra revealing tank tops).  I turn to a few staples this time of year that I rotate in and out of my closet until it gets cool enough for sweaters and jackets (I already can't wait!) 

 I love white all year round but especially for summer.  This drapey, loose silhouette is perfect.  Of course it's also perfect because it is Celine.

 Summer is a good time to have fun with denim - I am loving bright colored skinny jeans, especially this bright blue. It is fun and adds a punch to your look but is still versatile. These are JBrand.


 I am still obsessed with maxi skirts and dresses. There is nothing more chic and easy and modern and it is perfect for summer with sandals.  The skirt is A.L.C. and I have it (there is a lining in the actual skirt so your panties don't show!).  It is my favorite skirt because of the fabric and shape.  The bottom image is taken from The Sartorialist - this image captures everything I love about a simple maxi dress.  Just because the dress is a neutral color and cotton doesn't mean it's boring. Accessories are key here - this look is perfect!


 Accessories...the Anndra Neen necklace is the perfect statement piece to wear with the more casual looks of summer.  It adds just enough drama and texture to any outfit.  These Pamela Love bracelets are great because of their color - the turquoise adds pop and rose gold is huge for summer and the coming fall season.  Pairing these kinds of accessories is a great way to add a little drama and a lot of chic to your look.


 A lot of people are scared of shorts (or they wear them wrong).  This pair from Madewell is perfect - I love the color and the length, not slutty short and not dorky long.  Again, the color is fun and perfect for summer. One of my favorite tops is the blue and white striped top - it goes with everything and screams summer.  The bottom photo is a Raquel Allegra top.  Her work is like art and is totally perfect for summer because of how breezy and easy it is.  It is special but versatile - love!

Of course, Isabel Marant has made the best dress for spring and summer.  The color, floral pattern, and silhouette is exactly what every woman needs - sexy, fun, and flattering. And the belt is great - just adds a little texture.  


 Obviously sandals are a necessity in summer.  My favorites are by K. Jacques from St.Tropez.  When you put them on, you feel (almost) as cool as those French women lounging on the beach.  This pair is fun because of the leopard print and yellow patent leather.  Everyone needs a fedora hat for summer days when the sun is beating down. I love this one by Rag and Bone - classic and flattering.  Dressing for summer is easy if you stick to these staples.  The point is to have something white, lots of color, texture and statement with accessories, and keep it casual.

photos from style.com, sartorialistblogspot.com, net-a-porter.com, bonadrag.com

5 comments:

  1. I love the sandals. And the A.L.C skirt is awesome. I feel a little cool because i have that fedora hat. Great blog Elizabeth! -nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want those sandals. Where do we order?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, i want those sandals too! -nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. I'm blowing up your comment box. I want (everything) but love the grey dress from The Sartorialist but can't find where it would be available. Seems "basic" enough to find.
    But I'm all over those sandals.

    You rock Hooper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow........ I have found the great outfits from this source. And specially, the bright blue pant is really looking magnificent and stylish. I am completely amazed to see the large criteria of this source.

    ReplyDelete