Wednesday, July 21, 2010

LOVE HER STYLE...//

In less than 24 hours, I will be on an airplane headed for Ireland where the fashion and word "style" are, well, different than they are in other parts of the world.  I will do my best to capture some examples of traditional Irish style as well as they way young women are modernizing themselves and appropriating both American and European looks - I should definitely take my fashion magic wand!  
Before I leave, I want to post something about a young woman I am fascinated by and mildly envious of.  Her name is Gaia Repossi and she is the great-granddaughter of Gian Pietro Repossi of Repossi fine jewelry (repossi.com).  She is Italian (check envy box), creates beautiful jewelry (check box again), gets to work with the likes of Alexander Wang and Joseph Altuzarra (check), and her wardrobe is the definition of chic (she wears Celine from head to toe for christ's sake!).  All of this adds up to impeccable style and a lifestyle consumed in creative expression and let's face it, fabulousness (is that a word?). 
I particularly love the collaborations she is doing with Alexander Wang and her "Ere", "Neree", and "Maure" collections.  I just love what jewelry is all about lately...it is bold, beautiful armor that somehow blends into your body and doesn't overpower.  

images from repossi.com

No comments:

Post a Comment