Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I'M WITH THE BOYS//

The other day, my three year old daughter said, "Mommy, you dress like a boy." I looked at myself in the mirror and I had on slouchy jeans rolled up, an over sized white oxford shirt, animal print loafers, and Ray Ban wayfarers.  If I didn't have long blond hair and breasts, I could have passed for a boy.  I never gave it that much thought, but I do prefer to dress like a boy - blazers, trousers, basic t-shirts, leather, and boots or loafers. There is something sexy and modern about androgyny.  While my daughter would prefer we "match" (meaning I should wear pink dresses with sparkles), I think I will stick with the boys for now.

James Dean; 1950's cool

Bob Dylan - perfection from the hair to the boots
Oh MJ - the leather, the cropped pants, and the oxfords- greatness.
My beloved Celine loafers
 

No comments:

Post a Comment