Saturday, April 2, 2011

TO THE MAXI//

Truth be told, I am not a huge fan of spring.  I have terrible allergies, people start acting weird and overly excitable in spring, and the fashion is not my favorite - I naturally lean more towards muted colors, prefer boots to sandals, and fabrics like chiffon and silk make me nervous.  However, there is one piece of clothing that I cannot seem to get enough of this season - the maxi skirt. There is something so chic and versatile about these long skirts; I have been pairing them with everything from basic t-shirts, to fur, to over sized blouses. One word of warning: this silhouette can fall into a "bad 90's" category (think body hugging, heavy cotton, elastic waist).  As long as the skirt has movement and is in a light fabric, it is chic and versatile. I think this length is a new wardrobe staple.
 Rag and Bone skirt, Isabel Marant top, Celine bag, Lanvin sandals, Pamela Love bracelet and necklace.
 Rag and Bone skirt, Isabel Marant fur vest, Celine box bag, Anndra Neen and Pamela Love bracelets, Dries Van Noten shoes.
 Helmut Lang skirt, Vince top, Pamela Love and Anndra Neen jewelry, Alexander Wang shoes.

All photos by Teresa Rafidi

No comments:

Post a Comment